Thursday, April 21, 2011

Get Back out on the Field


For the past several years, I have been involved in Bible Study groups.  These groups give me so much more than just a knowledge of the Bible and how to apply it to my life.  I have come to view them as the "half time pep talk" of my life.

They give me an opportunity to connect with other women.  To hear their stories and learn from their mistakes.  To encourage them with things that have worked for me.  To share tears, joys and the moments of life.


But, I believe the most important role of these group meetings is to lift each other up.  To vent about life's struggles and leave them there.  To encourage each other to get back out on the field and play this game called life with confidence that the goal we are focused on is THE goal.  To develop a game plan to get to that goal and to lead our children there.  Especially in those moments when I'm not so sure that I want to be the mom anymore.

Bible study and a Caramel Mocha.  That can help you put just about anything into perspective. ;)

Do you have someone or a group that encourages you?  Who helps you to get back out on the field when you just want to hang it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment