Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Matthew 4 - Blogging Through the Gospels

One of my favorite blogs that encourages Bible Literacy is Mom's Toolbox.  I have enjoyed reading through the Bible in 90 days with her.  Now, she has a reading plan for studying the Gospels.  I find this very fitting , especially coming into the Easter season.  I love to see the work of Christ from the different angles that are presented in the Gospels.

Todays' reading was Matthew 4.  I am using the SOAP format to investigate the Word.  Here is what stuck out to me:

Scripture:  Matthew 4:11 Then the devil left Him and angels came and attended to Him.


Observation:  The devil is real and a tormentor.  But after Jesus was in the desert for 40 days, alone, fasting and being tempted, His Father sent angels to care for Him.

Application:  I LOVE the picture that this provides of those glorious angels sent from the Father to care for His Son!  I can only imagine how tender and loving they were towards His body that had been weakened by 40 days without food.

Prayer:  Father, God, help me to attend to my family, friends and neighbors the way that the angels attended to Christ, with loving-kindness and tender mercy.  Thank you for the reminder that You care for Your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment