Friday, July 29, 2011

Five Minute Friday - Still

Once again I am joining Gypsy Mama with 5 Minute Friday.  This weeks prompt is - Still.

7:49 PM

I'm still sitting at the computer after a long day away from home.  My goal has been to spend more time with my kids this evening, who I missed greatly while I was volunteering.  They are still playing happily with minimal intervention on my part.  Lego Rock Band is still in our future!

I am still struggling to find the balance.  The balance between faith, family, fitness and friends.  Still hoping to find the answers by plugging along, one day at a time.  Today, I pray for the opportunity to be still before God.  To hear His voice and to follow His perfect will for my life.

Stillness doesn't come very easily.  Everything about me wants to move, move, move and go, go, go.  I fidget as I type this.  Multi-tasking is an art that I am proficient at.  "Be still, and know that I am God."  If I am not taking the time to be still, am I taking the time to know, truly know, that He is God?  It is when I allow my heart and mind rest that His presence becomes powerful and abundant in my life.

7:54 PM

This is totally random, but that's what's floating around in my head this evening.  Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment