Friday, July 8, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Grateful

I haven't blogged in a while and I thought "Five Minute Friday" would be a good place to start.  Today's prompt is the word "Grateful":


10:02 Start

Grateful for a lost child who was found at the neighbor's house.

Grateful for sunny summer days spent at the pool.  The smell of chlorine in my daughter's hair.  The sunburned cheeks and freckles on my little boys' faces.   Good friends to chat with.  Pool snacks to share.

Grateful for a 14 year old who is willing to watch his younger siblings while I go grocery shopping, go to the doctor or just go to lunch with a friend.

Grateful for Bible Study that brings me closer to God and the Body of Christ.  The Body of Christ functioning the way it is supposed to.

Grateful for timely prayer and protection.  People who will go to their knees for me and my family.  People I can go to my knees for. The Sacrifice that allows me to approach the Throne of God.

Grateful for a family that is imperfect and keeps me humble.  For old memories that are shared.  For visits with extended family.

Grateful for the slower pace of summer so that I can take the time to be grateful to a Loving God.

10:07 Stop

Check out other great blogs at http://www.thegypsymama.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment