Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hip Update

Monday I saw the Orthopedic Surgeon in Columbus who will be performing my hip surgery.  I can't believe I typed those lines.  At the age of 38, I never thought I would be preparing for hip surgery!  That's something you do when you are 70+!  Anyway, the second MRI showed that I do have a tear in my labrum.  To repair it requires an arthroscopic hip surgery and no local surgeons do that procedure.  In fact, my husband told me this morning that I am the only person he knows who has had an arthroscopic hip repair.

So, right now we are waiting on the insurance to approve my surgery.  If/when they do, we will schedule it.  My planning, OCD brain wants it to be Sept 20, because that day works really well in my schedule, but I know it's not up to me. (Jeremiah 29:11) The recovery time is 3-6 weeks on crutches and it will be 6 months until I am back to my ol' happy-go-lucky self. 

I saw my chiropractor today and he thinks he can help me to recover quicker and eventually get me back to running.  I am hoping and praying for that!  I have so missed my early morning summer runs and 5K season. :(

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!  I will continue to update as things progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment